[rules-users] Debug rules running on server

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:03:55 EDT 2008

at this stage I don't think this is possible. The rules debugging
doesn't (AFAIK) implement the java debug protocol:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jpda/jdwp-spec.html

which is what allows remote debugging (generally).

So you have 2 options:

1) (obvious !) reproduce it "in process"
2) Add in event listener code for the rules, deploy that, and then
remotely debug the event code (which is just java) as you would
normally. Not quite the same as debugging the rules but you can at
least interrupt things and have a poke around.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Dan Seaver <dan.seaver at ge.com> wrote:

> How do I configure Eclipse so that I can debug into rules that are being
> called from code running on the JBoss server?
>
> I can start the server in debug mode to debug into code running on the
> server, but the debugger won't drop into rules. I have no problems debugging
> into rules when I run the rules via a Java Application (not on the server)
> using the Drools configuration.

Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net
blog: michaelneale.blogspot.com