[rules-users] EDT dependency -- transitive dependencies broken from 4.07 to 5?

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 15:11:04 EDT 2008

Hi Andrew,
I've seen this in 4.0.7 as well.
There is a dependency from drools-compiler to either Eclipse JDT or
Janino for compilation, depending on what compiler you choose. JDT is
default by now.

Both compilers are supplied with 5M2 bin-dist, see lib/janino.jar and
lib/core-3.4.2.....jar for JDT. Make sure to include the JDT jar in
your build and you should be fine.

What's strange is that you see this using maven, as this is an
explicit dependency in the drools-compiler pom. Ehm, maybe I can't
really help here. :-(

Cheers,