[rules-users] BRMS rule info logging

techluver techluver007 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:43:19 EDT 2008

I'm new to drools world. Kindly clarify following things

My requirement is to log each data in the DB(that meets any of the business
rule) along with rule info.

if I use BRMS ( i think it maintains the rules separately in its own db
table)

How I can associate each log with the rule info?

Approach 1. Can I access BRMS's rules directly and associate it in my
logging?

Approach 2. I can't do Approach 1, then I'm thinking to have RULES table in
my app db.Then whenever any rule is added using BRMS, Then add an entry into
RULES table and use this table for my logging

Please advise me on the right approach.

Thanks in advance.