[rules-users] sources in drools 5.0.0.MR2 maven repository not downloaded

tim timbaermannextra at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:40:07 EDT 2008

hello everyone.

i am rather new to drools and maven, so please bear with me.

when i build my project with maven, asking for sources

mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true -DdownloadJavadocs=true

no sources for drools are downloaded. (all other libraries were fine)

i specify the snapshots.jboss.org/maven2 repository and it is used
correctly for downloading the compiled drools jars.

but when maven tries to download the sources for drools it looks in the wrong
repositories.

namely in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 and in http://repository.jboss.org

both of these repositories do not contain the SNAPSHOT releases of drools.

this is part of the maven2 output:
..
[INFO] snapshot org.drools.solver:drools-solver:5.0.0.SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from snapshots.jboss.org
[INFO] snapshot org.drools.solver:drools-solver:5.0.0.SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from repo1.maven.org
Downloading:
http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/drools/solver/drools-solver/5.0.0.SNAPSHOT/drools-solver-5.0.0.20080930.080546-116.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading:
http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.0.0.SNAPSHOT/drools-compiler-5.0.0.20080930.080546-227.jar
939K downloaded

Downloading:
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.0.0.20080930.080546-227/drools-compiler-5.0.0.20080930.080546-227-sources.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.0.0.20080930.080546-227/drools-compiler-5.0.0.20080930.080546-227-sources.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.0.0.20080930.080546-227/drools-compiler-5.0.0.20080930.080546-227-sources.jar
..

looking at the snapshots.jboss.org repository i can download the sources e.g.
drools-core-5.0.0.20080930.080546-228-sources.jar and add it manually via
mvn install:install-file

but that is rather unsatisfying.
am i the only one with this problem? is there something wrong with my POM?
or is it the official repository that is configured wrong?

here is the relevant part of my pom.xml

--------------
	<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>repository.jboss.org</id>
			<url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			</snapshots>
			<releases>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</releases>
		</repository>
		<repository>
			<id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
			<url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</snapshots>
			<releases>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			</releases>
        	</repository>
	</repositories>

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.drools</groupId>
			<artifactId>drools-core</artifactId>
			<version>5.0.0.SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.drools</groupId>
			<artifactId>drools-compiler</artifactId>
			<version>5.0.0.SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.drools.solver</groupId>
			<artifactId>drools-solver-core</artifactId>
			<version>5.0.0.SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

</project>

i tried to enable the repository snapshots.jboss.org for all releases, but that
did not help.

thanks a lot,

tim