[rules-users] Blurring the lines of jBPM and Drools

keithnielsen keithnielsen at discover.com
Tue Oct 21 17:26:16 EDT 2008

I have been researching both jBPM and Drools for sometime now and am
wondering what the future holds for jBPM. This is based on my research of
Drools 5, which is bringing what I would consider more BPM constructs into
the core engine, things such as Wait States, Human Tasks, etc. One of the
main things I don't see yet is the whole persistence and support of long
running processes. My question is will the trend with Drools continue,
eventually consuming jBPM?

I must say that my perception is that Drools is more active which makes me
wonder if I should go with Drools hoping that it builds out more BPM
features going forward.

Thanks