[rules-users] Disabling pattern matching alltogether for set of rules?

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 08:17:01 EDT 2008

Folks,
we have a scenario where we are applying rules with complex in their
LHS at the "end of our rule processing".

Today we just use a low salience to achieve this. Obviously, these
rules are included in the pattern matching and in the agenda updates
for all   preceding changes to the WM.
We do quite some changes to the facts during our regular processing
so  "unnecessary" pattern-matching/agenda updates are performed.
I have looked at rule-flow, agenda-groups etc but one thing I could
not figure out by studying the documentation:
Which is the (best) way to exclude certain rules from pattern
matching  (switch them off alltogether) so that we can delay the
pattern   matching until the facts have stabilized?

    Cheers,
       Ingomar