[rules-users] Problem with RuleFlow: Split

Sangrish sidangrish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:59:58 EDT 2008

Hi all,

     I have a condition on an attribute of a few inserted objects(all of
same type) in the Split node of a ruleflow. During rule execution phase I
see that the condition holds true for all the inserted objects even when the
attribute has different values in different objects.
   I mined the mailing list for it and found that this was a known problem
in July 2007 and workarounds were suggested for it. Is this problem still
there? I am using Drools 4.0.7

The condition looks like:  Author( attribute == -1 )
and it holds for all objects if at least one of them has the attribute set
to -1. If none of them is -1 only then
the condition is not satisfied.

A solution I can think of is to insert objects one by one and fire all rules
after every insertion and retract object every time you fire.  Will it be
inefficient? I can potentially have 10s of thousand of such objects.

Thanks
Siddharth