[rules-users] Exception executing eval predicate in a Split node (RuleFlow)

Sangrish sidangrish at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:03:10 EDT 2008

hello

        I am getting the exception :
-----------------------------
 Exception in thread "main" org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Exception
executing predicate eval(  mhc!=MIN_INT.intValue()  )
at
org.drools.rule.PredicateConstraint.isAllowed(PredicateConstraint.java:216)
	at org.drools.reteoo.AlphaNode.assertObject(AlphaNode.java:137)
	at
org.drools.reteoo.CompositeObjectSinkAdapter.propagateAssertObject(CompositeObjectSinkAdapter.java:318)
	at org.drools.reteoo.ObjectTypeNode.assertObject(ObjectTypeNode.java:162)

-------------------------------

 while executing the predicate :  Author1(      eval(
mhc!=MIN_INT.intValue() )     )
in the condition part of a Split node in a ruleflow

where, Author1 is a class defined as:
------------------------------
package com.sample;

public class Author1 {
public int mhc = -1;
public Author1()
{}
public int getMhc() { return mhc; }
public void setMhc(int y) { mhc = y; };
}
----------------------------

and MIN_INT is a global Integer (duly set and imported as global through the
Split node constraint editor)

I have not been able to understand the reason for it.  Please enlighten me.

Secondly, I am not able to have the concerned condition without "eval"
predicate which I heard is not good performance wise. I think that without
"eval" the Right Hand Side of a condition cannot have a non-constant. More
enlightenment!!! :)

I am using Drools Eclipse Plugin : 4.0.7

Thanks
Siddharth