[rules-users] Session schedule change

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Apr 1 10:19:07 EDT 2009

I've been requested to move the technical "Advanced Engine" session to
the last day, so that the user target sessions are consecutive, as
people who attend monday's primer probably want to attend the 'Domain
Specific Workflow", but not the "Advanced Engine".

So I'm going to swap "Drools 5.0 Domain Specific Workflow" which is on
the thursday to the Wednesday and "Drools 5.0 Advanced Engine" will move
to the Thursday.

Do other people think that's ok, any objections? That means the talks
would now look as follows:
Drools 5.0 Primer : Monday 1st of June 10.00 to 13.00

    * The new features in Drools 5.0 will be covered at an end user
      level. This includes all the drools projects, Guvnor, Flow, Fusion
      and Expert. This is suitable for anyone with minimal previous
      Drools experience who just want to know "what's new".

Community Lightening Talks : Monday 1st of June 13.30 to 14.30

    * 20 minute community lightening talks about their experiences with
      drools.
          o Sun will talk about Drools in their Desktop Configurator
            <http://www.sun.com/products/dc/>

Drools 5.0 Guvnor Internals : Tuesday 10.00 to 12.00

    * The internals of Guvnor will be discussed and how all the parts
      come together and current issues and directions we wish to take
      the project. This is suitable for anyone with minimal previous
      Drools experience, but ideally you should be aware of GWT, JCR and
      Guvnor in general. This is targetted at people who wish to extend
      Guvnor with new features or re-use/embed existing aspects of Guvnor.

Drools 5.0 Domain Specific Workflow : Wednesday 10.00 to 12.00

    * We will show how Drools Flow can be extended for domain specific
      workflow, with a focus on the pluggable Work Items and Eclipse. We
      will also cover the pluggable workflow framework for customised
      execution behaviour, such as is used to provide OSWorkflow
      compatability. This is suitable for anyone with a java and eclipse
      background, ideally you should have some understanding of what
      Drools and especially Drools Flow is.

Drools 5.0 Advanced Engine : Thursday 10.00 to 13.00

    * This will be a deep dive for the technical on Rete enhancements.
      We will cover the asymmetrical Rete implementation, as compared to
      the traditional symmetrical approach, and how we enhanced it for
      event processing and workflow. This is targetted at experienced
      people, who already have an understanding of Rete and wish to
      understand the latest research and innovations - not for the feint
      hearted.

Mark