[rules-users] Guvnor's Scenario returning "Error rebuilding RuleBase"

Ingold, Jonathan jonathan.ingold at jackson.com
Thu Apr 23 12:19:28 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am receiving an "Error rebuilding RuleBase" error in Guvnor anytime I
run a scenario against rules that reference a constant.  Also the
constants are not available in the scenario tool.

An example of a rule that I have used that references a constant would
be:
rule "First"

  salience 10

 when
  $a : Action(task == ConstantC.UNO)

 then
  System.out.println("First Rule Fired");

Note "task" is a ConstantC object.

The constant UNO is declared in my java class with the line:
public static ConstantC UNO = new ConstantC(1, "One");

The rule fires perfectly in Eclipse with the expected result.  Could
this possibly be a bug with Guvnor?  I couldn't find anything in JIRA
relating to this.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon