[rules-users] Does drools have any trigger?

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Mon Apr 27 09:14:45 EDT 2009

Lindy,
by default Drools will re-evaluate the rules "as needed" once facts
are changed (and the engine is told about it), so "when changed" is
actually the default behavior.
The examples you give sound more like an event-processing scenario
(reasoning over time) so you might want to have a look at drools-fusion.

 >Rules can be updated by business users thru BRMS and Guvnor?
The short answer yes.
The long answer: Your milage may vary.  It really depends on what type
of rules and what  type of business users. I don't think it's safe to
just "tick this box".
That has not much to do with Guvnor's capabilities (allthough it is a
new product) - I rather think that this is not true for any BRMS.

-- Ingomar