[rules-users] Bug in binary package generation?

Dan Seaver dan.seaver at ge.com
Mon Apr 27 15:42:18 EDT 2009

I built a rule package in Guvnor and downloaded the binary. When I use:

builder.add(ResourceFactory.newInputStreamResource(inStream),
ResourceType.PKG);

I get a NullPointerException. But, if I use Guvnor's "view source", copy the
source to a file, and use:

builder.add(ResourceFactory.newInputStreamResource(inStream),
ResourceType.DRL);

the package is added without an exception and behaves as anticipated. It
appears that the exception generated by the binary package is occurring in
PackageBuilder.addKnowledgeResource (line 495).

Am I using a valid technique for loading binary packages?
I don't have drools source code to trace into the details with Eclipse.
What's the standard procedure for getting drools source code?
Any other suggestions for determining the cause of my problem?

Any and all help is appreciated.