[rules-users] inconsistent behaviour with 'not' keyword

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Apr 29 09:39:00 EDT 2009

   This works for me. If it is not working for you, please open a JIRA and
attach a test case for us to reproduce and investigate.

   On an related note, just for the information of users reading this, it is
usually better to have control facts (like Bar in your case) as the first
pattern of the rule, specially in the presence of collect/accumulate. This
comes from the general principle that more restrictive patterns should be
written before less restrictive patterns in a rule's LHS, but what it really
does is to prevent a left propagation that is usually very expensive in the
presence of collect/accumulate.

   []s
   Edson

2009/4/28 techy <techluver007 at gmail.com>

> Hello
> Simplified version of my rule is given below.  Since I want to run this
> rule
> once once, I control it using Bar() fact.
> This rule fired inconsistently(i.e sometime it fired, sometime it is not).
> could not also reproduce. Does anybody have the clue for this? Thanks for
> the help.
>
> rule "run once"
> list : ArrayList(size > 0)  from collect(Foo())
> not Bar()
> then
> insert(new Bar());
> end