[rules-users] When is JPAWorkItemManager used in Drools Flow?

Alan.Gairey at tessella.com Alan.Gairey at tessella.com
Wed Aug 26 04:59:17 EDT 2009

I've been doing some testing recently with the 5.1 snapshot of Drools
(build 3280). The JPA state persistence in Drools Flow appears to be much
more solid (no more NullPointerExceptions) - many thanks for this.
One question I still have though is with the loading of existing sessions
from the database; the loadStatefulKnowledgeSession method of class
JPAKnowledgeServiceProviderImpl ultimately creates an instance of
CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession to encapsulate the session state.
However, this class uses an anonymous local class for its work item
manager. I would have expected JPAWorkItemManager to have been used
instead, so that all the existing work items are also read back into
memory from the database. Or am I missing something? As it is, I have to
explicitly use an EntityManager to do this.
Thanks,
Alan