[rules-users] BaseMinaClient - Session Termination

mardo mardo at abicola.de
Tue Dec 1 03:12:08 EST 2009

Hello,

I have a simple RuleFlow containing a Human Task, which I start using the
following lines of code:

			WSHumanTaskHandler wsh = new WSHumanTaskHandler();

ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", wsh);
			ksession.startProcess("com.sample.ruleflow");

When the workflow has properly ended however, there remain threads (e.g.
NioProcessor&NioSocketConnector) within the VM. I have tracked this down to
BaseMinaClient:

    public void disconnect() {
        if ( session!= null && session.isConnected() ) {
            session.close();
            session.getCloseFuture().join();
        }
    }

Expllicitly calling wsh.dispose(), session.isConnected() (from IoSession)
always yields true even when the workflow instance has terminated already
and there are no more active human tasks available.

Is this an intended behaviour?

Thanks and best

Markus