[rules-users] MVEL wows: what does "importInjectionRequired" mean?

Barry Kaplan groups1 at memelet.com
Wed Dec 2 13:54:33 EST 2009

Oh boy, what a ride. In my real code the two variables are called
"DeviceOperatingStateModel" and "DeviceUtilizationStateModel". Just as an
experiment I renamed the second to "aa" -- low and behold the variable was
resolved. Then I changed to "DeviceUtilizationStateModelx" and
"deviceUtilizationStateModel" and both of those were resolved.

This is so strange. There something about the name
"DeviceUtilizationStateModel" that mvel just does not like! (Ok, surely
that's not it and its something else in classpath. But its more fun to make
believe that mvel doesn't like my names).