[rules-users] asynchronous processing in drools flow

Todd Pagni todd.pagni at datacert.com
Thu Dec 3 00:32:40 EST 2009

Is there an out of the box way to start a drools flow asynchronously?  I
am running drools flow 5.1.0.M1 in JBoss and have a long running process
to execute.  The application that initiates the flow must start the flow
asynchronously so the applications web request can complete in a timely
manner.  I don't want to create my own threads in the app server and
would like to avoid introducing JMS, but wasn't sure if there are any
other good options?

Thanks,

Todd