[rules-users] Drools Design Patterns

Ross H rossh00 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:40:02 EST 2009

I've been using Drools for about a year now, but still consider myself a
newbie,
although I'm starting to get a better idea of how to implement solutions,
for the
experts this is probably second nature.

Whilst the Drools doco is very good, and the blog/mailing lists are a great
source of info,
and there are now some very good books on Drools, there is a hugh amount of
functionality emerging in the Drools project, it's almost becoming a full
time activity just
to keep up. I wonder if the time is coming to start collecting real
experiences into a form that
makes it easier for new users to work out how to attack their problem.

I hate to re-invent the wheel and if this exists in some form elsewhere, I'd
like to know.
If not, then it might be good to capture this knowledge in some way. I'm
interested in
some views from the user community on what they would like to see.

Maybe the way to go is add some pages to the JBoss Drools wiki and evolve it
from there,
and provide a way for the drools user community to contribute to the overall
success of Drools,
rather than just ask questions.