[rules-users] Drools Guvnor and jboss single sign on

Paul R. reverselogic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:05:38 EST 2009

It's very easy to create a custom authentication module for Seam. In my
organization, we've created a simple module which will check the session for
an existing user object. Just have to put it on your classpath and edit the
components.xml to use your class as its authenticator. Perhaps something
like this will work for you?

Cheers,

Paul

import org.jboss.seam.security.Identity;
import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Name;
import org.jboss.seam.contexts.Contexts;

@Name("customAuthenticator")
public class CustomAuthenticator {

    public boolean authenticate() {

        User userBean = (User) Contexts.getSessionContext()
                .get("SESSIONID");

        if (userBean == null || userBean.getUsername() == null) {
            log.info( "No Session" );
            return false;
        } else {
            log.info( "Setting username to " + userBean.getUsername() );
            Identity.instance().getCredentials().setUsername(
userBean.getUsername() );
            return true;
        }
    }