[rules-users] Drools 5.1.0.M1 - Process Task JPAWorkItemManager

Vijay K Pandey VPandey at mdes.ms.gov
Tue Dec 15 18:38:03 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using Drools 5.1.0.M1. My question is there any reason why JPAWorkItemManager does not call the workitemhandler when we abort a work item.

a)       Step 1 - Obtain the stateful knowledge session - set the work item handler
b)       Step 2 - Abort the work item. But this call does not call back the abortWorkItem of the work item handler.

ksession.getWorkItemManager().abortWorkItem(workItemId);

I checked the JPAWorkItemManager and it does not call the handler to execute the abortWorkItem method of the work item handler.

I do see that from
            public void internalAbortWorkItem(long id) ---- there is a call for the work item handler method but no call from abortWorkItem method

Any reason why?

Thanks