[rules-users] UserTask Question?

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Dec 17 09:08:48 EST 2009

We kept the set of properties that are supported for human tasks (name,
actor, priority, etc.) small by default (for simplicity).  But it should
be straightforward to extend this with additional properties if you want
to use more advanced features of the WS-HT service.  Take a look at the
WSHumanTaskHandler.  This contains the logic that translates the work
item parameters to invocations of the WS-HT service.

You can already assign tasks to users (or a group of users) using the
actorId property.  I guess you could add start and end date properties
there as well (and I assume they map to activation and expiration times
in the WS-HT service?).

Similarly, a deadlines or escalation property could contain a
description that can be translated to escalation elements in the WS-HT
service.

Feel free to find me on our #drools irc channel (on freenode) if you
have more questions.  We would be very interested if you would consider
contributing features like this back to the project.

Kris