[rules-users] New type of Score and solving time very hight

dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it
Tue Dec 22 06:24:15 EST 2009

Hi Geoffrey,

I'm developing the algorithm for Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows (written by Gendreau Herz and Laporte). To do it I need a new type of scoring and I have developed DOUBLE_SCORE (double hard and double soft).
If you wont I can send you this code.

I write you because have a problem with solving time....

I'm testing this algorithm on Solomon's data set (100 nodes and 10-20 vehicle) but the execution time of solver is very hight and often after one day not end....(termination criteria is steps number).
There are twelve rules and the number of moves is #nodes*#Vehicle^2 but with relativeSelection may decrease and I'm using Taboo Search.
I wont to ask you if for your experience the drools-solver can solve a problem of this dimension.

regards
Marco Caminiti