[rules-users] New type of Score and solving time very hight

dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it
Wed Dec 23 16:55:05 EST 2009

Hi Geoffrey,

> 1) Do you have a StartingSolutionInitializer?

I don't use StartingSolutionInitializer but I generete a XML file with the initial solution. Is not the best way but it should not affect the running time of the solver
> 2) Are you using relativeSelection?

I'm using relativeSelection and after your suggestion I set it to have a step every 1 or 2 seconds

But now I have another problem. If I didn't misunderstand, to select the move at the step i the solver makes a move ->fires the rules to evaluate the score -> makes the undo move. This happens with all moves and then the decider selectes the best move it makes it and gets the associated score.

The problem is that I have an object that modifies an attribute in the mothod doMove (and with the undoMove I reset the attribute) but the same object has other attributes those are modified in the rules...
Not to change these attributes for any attempted move I think to modify the execution of the solver thus
for every movemake a move (modify the first attribute)
fire the rules (modify other attributes)
make a undoMove (reset all attributes)the decider selects a move, it makes it and re-fire the rules to calculate the score and to modify consistently attributesI do not know an alternative way to achieve this goal because if I move the amendment of all attributes in the method doMove I not have rules any more in the DRL file.

regards
Marco Caminiti