[rules-users] Problem with legacy rules- Conditional operators

Henrique Neves do Nascimento henrique.nascimento at synchro.com.br
Tue Dec 29 06:06:02 EST 2009

Hi,

I have this case in my rules:

rule "teste ID menor que zero ou null "

                dialect "mvel"

                #activation-group "grupo1"

                when C100($id : id < 0 || id == null)

                then

                System.out.println("O valor de id eh: " + $id);

end

This kind of expression "($id : id < 0 || id == null)" works fine using
drools 4.0.7, but when i tried to update my project to use drools 5.0.1, it
breaks.

As it seems, the second part of the OR statement "id == null" overwrites the
first part "id < 0", making my tests fail.

I know the alternatives to solve this expression, but i would need to search
and change more than 1500 legacy rules in my project.

Do you guys have any kind of information about this??

Regards,

Henrique