[rules-users] Globals

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 2 11:36:23 EST 2009

Femke,

That error occurs when you are trying to execute the Human Task node.  In you human task node, you probably have a mapping from the patient variable to a parameter of the human task (either by mapping the variable directly using the in-mappings property or by using #{patient} inside one of the properties).  These mappings however do not work for global variables, only for variables that are defined in the process itself.

I think the best solution would be to create a patient variable and assign the patient to that variable when starting the process.  This will solve your issue and even allow you to reuse the same session for different patients (as the patient is no longer globally defined but specific to a process instance).

Kris