[rules-users] Iterating two collection in LHS

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Feb 2 15:34:42 EST 2009

   You should really insert your males and females into your working memory
instead of having them as nested lists only. Anyway:

rule "unlucky male"
where
    $c : City()
    $m : Male( $age : age ) from $c.maleList
    not( Female( age ==$age ) from $c.femaleList )
then
     // $m is unlucky, no female with the same age
end

   []s
   Edson

2009/2/2 techy <techluver007 at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> Please help me to implement following rule in drool. I could not find a way
> to iterate two collection using accumulate or collect in LHS.
>
> public Male{
>  int age;
>  //other fields
>
> }
>
> public Female{
>  int age;
>  //other fields
>
> }
> public City{
>
>  private List<Male>  maleList;
>  private List<Female> femaleList;
>
> }
>
> #Rule to get all Male whose age != any of female's
> rule "Get Unlucky Male"
> when
>        city : City()
>        maleList : ArrayList() from collect ( Male( his age = any of
> Female's age  from city.femaleList  ) from city.maleList)
> //consequence
> end

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development