[rules-users] InvalidRulePackage versus the number

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Feb 10 20:45:54 EST 2009

   Well, lets start with the good news: parser error messages in Drools 5
are way better and we even have docs for them! :)

   Bad news is in 4.0.x, they are what they are:

[9,18]: unknown:9:18 mismatched token: [@44,188:188='.',<8>,9:18]; expecting
type THEN

means: line 9, column 18, it found a "." but was expecting the keyword
"then"

    Similar interpretation for the other error messages.

    []s
    Edson

2009/2/10 Hong-Qiang Gao <hgao at scenpro.com>

>  Hi All,
>

> I tried to migrate Drools 2.1 to 4.0.7 using SpreadsheetCompiler.
>

> What do these numbers mean in following exception?
>

> org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: [9,18]: unknown:9:18 mismatched token:
> [@44,188:188='.',<8>,9:18]; expecting type THEN[20,18]: unknown:20:18
> mismatched token: [@90,402:402='.',<8>,20:18]; expecting type THEN[31,18]:
> unknown:31:18 mismatched token: [@136,606:606='.',<8>,31:18]; …
>

> Thanks,