[rules-users] Drools rule writing question

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Feb 12 09:43:56 EST 2009

   I did not added the temporal evaluators docs to the fusion docs yet, but
the javadocs are mostly updated here:

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/javadocs/unstable/drools-core/org/drools/base/evaluators/

   Check the temporal evaluators javadocs:

after, before, coincides, overlaps, starts, ...

   All the 13 operators were implemented.

   []s
   Edson

2009/2/12 Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>

> Yes Drools-fusion is the right choise for that..
> if you look at this presentations:
>
> http://blog.athico.com/2008/12/devoxx-and-orf-2008-presentations.html
>
> Edson Terelli talk about CEP, you will find that you want there.
>

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Steve Núñez <steve.nunez at illation.com.au
> > wrote:
>
>>  Fusion
>>

>> On 11/02/09 6:35 PM, "Denny Lee" <denny_junk_mail at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I am new to Drools.  We have been using JESS for a while and ran into a
>> problem that we cannot solve and is hoping Drools have a solution.  Is there
>> anything in the Drools language / rules that allows for temporal evaluation
>> within the rules?  What I mean is, say your rule examines 2 variables, var1
>> and var2, and if both are true it fires.  Is there any way/technique to say
>> "If var1 becomes true and var2 was ALREADY true, fire" and "If var1 was
>> ALREADY true and var2 becomes true, DO NOT fire?"   I've worked w/ JESS and
>> there is nothing built into the language that does this.  Is there something
>> in Drools that can handle this or some general techniques that can deal with
>> something like this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Denny

> - Salatino Mauricio -