[rules-users] Drools Performance

Vikrant Yagnick VikrantY at mastek.com
Thu Feb 12 23:51:41 EST 2009

I can only add one thing to the answer.  I don't have performance metrics available, though I did some Q&D tests with 15000 rules and the speeds I got for the kind of processing I did (1-3 seconds) were really good.

The downside was the Permgen memory space usage which was pretty high and we are still grappling with that problem.  Mark had suggested that I use MVEL instead of the Java Dialect(which we could not do due to a time constraint) to reduce this usage besides we are now migrating to Drools 5 where we hope this has improved.

The performance will very well depend on how you design the rules(single rulebase, multiple rulebase) etc

Cheers,
Vikrant