[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent and Guvnor

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Feb 17 18:14:45 EST 2009

J Michael Dean wrote:
> RuleAgent could be fed a properties file that included a URL enabling
> connection to Guvnor.  I cannot find any examples of using a
> KnowledgeAgent to connect to Guvnor - can someone point me in the
> right direction?  Thank you.
If you build a KnowledgeBase using urls an then pass that KnowledgeBase
to the agent the agent will grab the urls and start scanning. If you
don't supply, or supply an empty knowledgebase, you use the
applyChangeSet(...) method which allows you t specify a Resource that
provides the changeset.xml which is where you place your urls.

The KnowledgeAgentFactory, KnowledgeBuilder and ChangeSet should all
provide some information on this.

Mark