[rules-users] Drools 5 in Eclipse 3.4.1 Newbie

Mike Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 19:14:10 EST 2009

What I did was start with Eclipse without any Drools 4.07 artifacts;  restart
it clean, and then install Drools 5 plugins and features.

The problem I had was misunderstanding what they meant by run time Drools
setup.  Go to the Drools preferences in Eclipse, select run  time  set up,
and you will see nothing.  Tell it you want a default from the EClipse
plugin, and it will then give you a directory dialog. This is where I got
screwed up, but all it wants you to do is tell it where it should put the
runtime.  It will then generate it automatically.  Then everything works.

- Mike