[rules-users] EulerGUI released - IDE for semantic Web with Drools engine and Drools export

Michael Zimmermann list at incunabulum.de
Tue Feb 24 07:57:47 EST 2009

Hi Jean-Marc,

cc'ed to drools-resarch. Don't know where we want to lead this discussion...

Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:
> As some of you know, I'm using Drools as an engine for N3 logic
> (http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/Rules) .

> So in summary, N3 is a user-friendly language allowing to express facts,
> class and properties, and rules.

Nice to see some more work on integrating drools with the semantic web
side. As I have worked on a related topic recently:

-  Do I understand you correctly, that you use Drools as rule engine for
rules + data where rules + data are defined in OWL?
- What standard are your rules based on?
- How capable is the OWL rules standard compared to Drools?  What do you
think?
- What do you think about SPIN (http://spinrdf.org/)?
- Imho, the drools rule formulation are more user friendly and easier to
developed. Have you thought about running your data against native
drools rules (e. g. mvel dialect?)

cu, Michael