[rules-users] Regarding BRMS

Ashish Soni ashish.usoni at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 13:32:22 EST 2009

Hi Mark ,
I am evaluating Drools BRMS for our upcoming projects and have below
questions it would be great if you can help ..
I have created a rules package using BRMS and then trying to execute rules
using below code can you please let me know how i can see the modified
object back.

The Rules is very simple as if the name of the customer is "Ashish' then set
the phone to some value as given in the rule .

        try {
            properties.load(new
FileInputStream("C:\\Dev\\MyTest\\src\\com\\mytest\\MyRules.properties"));
        } catch (IOException e) {
        }

        RuleAgent ruleAgent = RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(properties);
        RuleBase rb = ruleAgent.getRuleBase();
        StatefulSession session = rb.newStatefulSession();
        session.addEventListener( new DebugAgendaEventListener() );
        session.addEventListener( new DebugWorkingMemoryEventListener() );
        WorkingMemoryFileLogger logger = new WorkingMemoryFileLogger(
session );
        Customer customer = new Customer();
        customer.setName("Ashish");
        logger.setFileName(
"C:\\Dev\\MyTest\\src\\com\\mytest\\helloworld.txt" );
        session.insert(customer);
        session.fireAllRules();

        logger.writeToDisk();
        session.dispose();