[rules-users] Using field values of an ENUM in the decision table

Visu Nageswaran visu.nageswaran at in.ibm.com
Wed Jul 8 09:02:58 EDT 2009

Hello, I am posting a simpler version of the actual requirement:
Class Computer has a field 'memory' of the enum type 'Memory' which is
defined over integer values
- - - - - - - - - -
public enum Memory{
MEM1(512), MEM2(1024), MEM3(2048);
public int value;
Memory(int i){this.value = i;}
public int getValue(){return value;}
}
- - - - - - - - - -
There is a requirement to model a decision table between memory and price
I am looking for the field constraint on the memory field to match to the
values:

memory.???--> Price
512 --> 100
1024 --> 200
2048 --> 300

I tried memory.name, memory.name(), memory.value, memory.getValue(); Does
this have to be done using template expressions say something like memory ==
Memory.reverseLookupEnum($param)

Any help, pointers in this regard would be appreciated. thanks.
-Visu