[rules-users] How to call a another drl file from one drl file

James Owen jco2009 at att.net
Wed Jul 8 10:40:24 EDT 2009

Greetings:

If the requirement is to control the order of execution of the rules
then (to quote Dr. EF-H) you probably are using a hammer when you
needed a screwdriver.  Meaning that you are trying to use a rulebase
for a procedural problem.  There are many times that a rulebase should
NOT be use and this sounds like one of the main examples of that
situation.

However, if you absolutely, positively insist on using a rulebase,
then just give each rule a specificity or priority and they will fire
in that order.

SDG
jco
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."
Hamlet, Act 1, Scene III
http://www-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/hamlet/hamlet.1.3.html
[You can also replyTo: jco at kbsc.com]