[rules-users] Hibernate Query delivers wrong values

Thomas Zwifl tom238 at gmx.at
Fri Jul 10 06:46:20 EDT 2009

Hi there!

I'm working with the latest snapshot-releas of v5.1 (build3098-rev27324-20090630-0403).
My application consists of two independent processes,
both are repeated periodically (timer-node).
the processes both have ruleset-nodes. some rules are
querying a database with hibernate in the rule condition (LHS).
the queried objects are then inserted into workinmemory (insert(object)),
then some computation follows, the objects are modified and written
back to db, and then the objects are retracted (retract(object)).

Now to the problem: when I start the application, everything works
correct, and leads to the right results. But when I change a field of a
db-record manually, the hibernate-query delivers the old values!!
(of course the changes are committed.)

Anyone has an idea whats going wrong here? Is there some kind of
caching mechanism that delivers the old objects instead of querying
the database?

greetz!
tom