[rules-users] looking for more information on drools expert

Gab Aldian aldian.gp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:05:57 EDT 2009

Hi everybody

I have read with attention the drools expert documentation, which was
very interesting, but a little 'too simple". For example, most
examples don't present rules with the keyword "forall". I also met big
difficulties mixing the references on the objects to my javacode. This
is why I would need some more documentation with examples that go
deeper into drools capacities.

To give you clues about my plan, here is an example (which works
perfectly in drools 5) that I have developed:
java code - http://drools.pastebin.com/m1a705614
rule code - http://drools.pastebin.com/m3f30cbdc

As you can see I am studying the case where drools is used for the
monitoring of a network of equipments that send alarms about their
problems. But I have big difficulties, because I would like to get
references on the objects of the "forall", and to execute javacode
such as $toto.method($titi, $tata), but such things seems impossible
(systematic failed of compilation)

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much!

Aldian