[rules-users] Drools Roadmap - Planned Release 5.1 release date

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jul 10 13:58:48 EDT 2009

McDonald, Daniel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a planned release date for Release 5.1?

end of this month, beginning of next. I high level overview, nothing
concrete, is probably something like:
BPM Process Console (embedded in Guvnor)
BPMN2 (subset of) as default skin  + extensions
Embeded BPEL (ODE) + value add (guvnor storage, guvnor BPEL editor,
unified deployment, integrated audit viwer).
Simulation Test (with excel front end).
WS/Rest  Services
Virtual Service Manager. Not sure on best name for this, but it should
be the main way to request a session. All sessions support idle
time/time to next job. This means we can create a priority queue of
sessions and evict, for GC, sessions not doing much. This allows instant
access to often used sessions and little often used sessions will be
loaded from the DB and placed into the priority queue (think of it as a
sort of cache).
Incremental Changeset Support
return of the .ddj deployment jar (5.2)
RIO(jini) remoting which includes directory services.
HA - load balancing and fault tollerance (5.2).
Oryx web based flow editor (5.2)