[rules-users] Updating a Boolean object in the WM

skasab2s skasab2s at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Thu Jul 16 05:31:44 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've been desperately trying to update a Boolean object, which is in the
working memory.

I have an initial rule that  first inserts it:
rule "Insert initial weanable value" salience 100

		Boolean $weanable = false;
		insert($weanable);
end

and then I try to update it:
               $weanable: Boolean( )
               	$weanable=true;
		update($weanable);
end

Which results to this exception : org.drools.FactException: Update error:
handle not found for object: true. Is it in the working memory?
I checked in the working memory and the Boolean-object was there!

Is it possible to update a boolean that is in the working memory? If not, do
you know some other Java class with setters and getters (behaving as a
drools-fact) that I don't have to create myself and which I can use instead
of Bboolean for this case ?

Thanks in advance!

Svetlomir