[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession leaves threads running

Rafael Ribeiro rafaelri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 08:57:01 EDT 2009

Hi all,

 I've downloaded Drools fusion sample and started to make some changes to
the code (first of all wipe out the UI so I can test it easier).
 I tried to get to a minimal set so I can run a console main class and see
what happens but I am facing a strange behaviour.
 As soon as I start pushing events into the WorkingMemoryEntryPoint
("StockTick stream") a Thread - not daemonized since it blocks shutdown from
ending - is spawned and this prevents my JVM from shutting down (obviously
if I call System.exit(0) it will but I am avoiding this).
 I've tried both to halt and dispose the session that this entry point
belongs but with no success. Does anyone know how could I get rid of this
thread?

best regards,