[rules-users] Drools Govnor DB configuration

Pardeep.Ruhil at lntinfotech.com Pardeep.Ruhil at lntinfotech.com
Fri Jul 17 01:13:12 EDT 2009

Hi,
Thanks Jarek for your reply.
Still I have one doubt in my mind, how can I see the data for a newly
registered user (i.e name & permission )
created through Drools Guvnor  administrator functionality.  Where should
I find the new user data(i.e. name  & permission assigned) , so that
I can write synch service to synch data from Drools Guvnor table to OFBiz
table.

Please help me to through out from this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Pardeep Ruhil
L&T Infotech Ltd
Mumbai
Ph: +919820283884

Pardeep.Ruhil at lntinfotech.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Apache OFBiz and had successfully integrated Drools Guvnor
> war file with OFBiz.
> By default Drools Guvnor supports Embedded derby, but in OFBiz i am
> using MYSql , so i changed
> the default embedded derby to MySql using repository.xml file by the
> following code.
>
>                 <PersistenceManager

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager">

>                   <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/drools"/>
>                   <param name="user" value="root" />
>                   <param name="password" value="Newuser123" />
>                   <param name="schema" value="mysql"/>
>                   <param name="schemaObjectPrefix"
value="${wsp.name}_"/>
>                 </PersistenceManager>
>
> Using this I successfully integrated Drools guvnor with same database as

> I am using for OFBiz(MySql).
>
> Now I have created a new user in Drools guvnor to create permission for
> that user, but I am not able to see
> where that username is stored in the database and in which entity or
> table of MySql.
>
> Also if i want to use the users available in OFBiz MySql database
>  entity say 'Userlogin' where i am storing all the list of userlogins,
> how can
> I retrieve the same and use this table data in drools Guvnor.

This can be done via JAAS - you just need to configure it to use a
particular table in mysql for retrieving user logins/passwords.
Keep in mind that this is just for authentication (to login).
Here's a list of all available login modules:
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/LoginModule
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/DatabaseServerLoginModule

> Also when
> I make a new user in Drools Govnor through
> administrator, my data of new user should go to  table 'UserLogin'.

AFAICT that's not possible and you need to synch your Guvnor user list
with the OFBiz user list by yourself.

Cheers,
  Jarek