[rules-users] Problem when using multiple rule files (Drools 5)

Olaf Raether o.raether at epro.de
Tue Jul 28 09:41:39 EDT 2009

now i found out, that my problems are in relation to my serialized
KnowledgePackages.

When i use the following code and load the drl files everything is fine !

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource(rules[i] + ".drl")),
ResourceType.DRL);

But this takes too long, when i used it the first time - so i want to use
serialized
KnowledgePackages again.

So my question is: What is the right way to serialize/deserialize
KnowledgePackages ?

As you have seen in my posts i used standard readObject/writeObject methods.
Is this the right approach ?

Thanks.