[rules-users] Relation between Guvnor and Expert in Drools5.0

Vijay Pandey VPandey at mdes.ms.gov
Tue Jul 28 17:52:07 EDT 2009

Guvnor --> This can be used to manage your rules specifically termed as BRMS
(Business Rules Management System). This can really play its part from the
"governance" perspective in your company/enterprise/project. Take a look at
this URL
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/drools-guvnor/html_
single/index.html#d0e78 mainly section 1.1.1

Expert --> This is the actual runtime/development module for the rule
engine.

Take a look at this part (Chapter 3 - Installation and Setup) of the
documentation
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/drools-introduction
/html_single/index.html#d0e1322 this should help your understanding of
various jars and the modules

Regards,

Vijay

  _____