re[rules-users] move hardcoded values in DRL or have constants inside drl

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 07:57:36 EDT 2009

But assigning a value to a global isn't straightforward - you can't do
it in the declaration. You'll have to do it from the application (or
use some dirty hack, in a start-up rule); either way it's separate
from the declaration.

IMHO, using a Java class with public static final is definitely cleaner.

-W