[rules-users] rule using sliding window

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Jun 1 09:17:56 EDT 2009

   Hi

   The description you have bellow is ambiguous, so I can't give you a
definitive answer. But it seems to be that you don't need sliding windows
for that. Simple temporal operators will do.

> Secondly if the window is large and number of records coming in is high
then could there be a memory issue?
   Yes, Drools does not manages persistence by itself. So, if your design
must support more data than it would fit in your running environment memory,
you need to design a solution that comprises persistence.

> Also since every record is getting stored in database, can I not use the
database directly instead of sliding window?
   Yes, you can fetch data on demand from external sources, be it databases
or anything else. Look at the "from" CE.

    []s
    Edson

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development