[rules-users] Clarification regarding the use of Guvnor

Andrew Nguyen andrew-lists-rules-users at na-consulting.net
Mon Jun 1 11:18:36 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I am a very new Drools user and am trying to expose it as a web-
service.  Due to my experience with Spring, I went ahead and
implemented a basic rule engine and exposed it as a web service via
Spring.  I am now looking at integrating it with Guvnor to allow non-
computer people, who are domain experts, to modify the rules.  From
what I have read in the v5 documentation, it sounds like Guvnor is
intended as a complete solution to what I am trying to accomplish -
i.e. it will handle the rule management as well as exposing the rule
engine via JSON (or other interface).  But, when I have searched
around the internet, Guvnor sounds like just a rule management
component.

So, I pretty much have 3 questions:

* Is my current setup of Drools + Spring the best way to expose my
rule engine to other applications?  (Specifically, a .NET/C# app...)
* Is Guvnor suitable for integrating into my system as only a rule
management system?

Thanks!

--Andrew
--