[rules-users] A relational SQL Database as RuleBase

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:02:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM, r.r.neumann at freenet.de
<r.r.neumann at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> my question is listed in the topic. Is it possible? I read, that Drools 4
> provides such a feature but in this case, there is noch DSL available? Is
> this correct? What's about Drools 5, same thing?
>
> Thanks for an answer!
>
> Regards
> René

If you want to store the rules in a RDBMS in order to have them
accessible from many sources and/or outside your application, you may
want to consider using Guvnor to decouple the rule management from the
main application code.
Inside your app you can then download the rules which were created
within Guvnor from a URL on the application server.
Maybe that helps.

Best regards
Marcus