[rules-users] Problem with modify sentence

Kevin Alonso kalonso at vicomtech.org
Mon Jun 8 02:54:52 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

The whole error message is the following:

BuildError: Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to
compile: 1 compilation error(s):
 - (1,16) unqualified type in strict mode for: - '        modify ( rules
) { allowedGuesses -= 1 }
        System.out.println( "Write a Letter:");
        br = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader( System.in ) );
        l = br.readLine().toUpperCase();
        System.out.println( l );
        System.out.println( guess.guessedWord);
        guess.sayOneLetter(l);
        System.out.println( guess.guessedWord);
        System.out.println( guess.letters);
'    hangman.drl    Hangman/src/main/rules    line 44    Drools Error

The rule code:

rule "Letter"
    ruleflow-group "Letter"
    no-loop
    when
        rules : GameRules( allowedGuesses > 0 )
        guess : GuessedWord()
    then
        modify ( rules ) { allowedGuesses -= 1 }
        System.out.println( "Write a Letter:");
        br = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader( System.in ) );
        l = br.readLine().toUpperCase();
        System.out.println( l );
        System.out.println( guess.guessedWord);
        guess.sayOneLetter(l);