[rules-users] Constaint evaluation

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Jun 10 11:37:57 EDT 2009

It depends on what type of constraint you are using.

If you are using a rule constraint, that constraint will be evaluated
just the same as normal rules.  This means that the constraints are
evaluated when data is inserted / updated / removed.  Note that, if you
want to make sure the engine is using up-to-date information, you must
notify the engine (using update) when you change the data in the working
memory.  Also note that globals are considered immutable.  You should
never write rules that depend on the state of a global and where the
global can be changed.

If you are using code constraints, the constraint is evaluated at the
point the code constraint is reached.

Kris