[rules-users] re: NumberGuessExample

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:32:53 EDT 2009

*java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown process ID: Number Guess

*That exceptions means that you probably don't add the process definition to
the current knowledgeBuilder.
To see these kind of problems you probably need to add something like this
after KnowledgeBuilder add calls:

if ( kbuilder.hasErrors() ) {
    System.err.println( builder.getErrors().toString() );
}

2009/6/10 Tak-po Li <takpo.li at gmail.com>

> Mauricio,
>
> I would like to take this example as the base to play around.  That is what
> I did:
>
> 1. Make a project "try" that generates the HellowWorld for me in Eclipse.
>
> 2. add directory "log"
>
> 3. Move file Guess.java to the Java/com/sample directory.  Move Guess.drl
> and Guss.rf to rule directory.
>
>  4. Change Package and Implort location from org/drools/examples to
> com/sample in the above three files.
>
> Eclipse shows compiler error pointing to ShoppingExample.*class.  *
> **
> *I did the same to Shopping.java and Shopping.drl and the compiler error
> is removed, and the following is the run time error messages:*
> **
> *
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown process ID: Number Guess
>
> at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.startProcess(
> AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1615)
>
> at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.startProcess(
> AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1604)
>
> at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.startProcess(
> StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:267)
>
> at com.sample.NumberGuessExample.main(
> NumberGuessExample.java:38)*
> Could you please point me the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tak
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
> **
>

> 2009/6/10 Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>
>
> This is only a reference to know in which class loader is the resource...
>> The idea is to know that the resource (in this case: NumberGuess.drl and
>> NumberGuess.rf) is in the same class loader that the ShoppingExample.*
>> class*
>>
>> 2009/6/10 Tak-po Li <takpo.li at gmail.com>
>>

>>> I am a newbie with Drools rules.  I just download the examples.  I notice
>>> in line19 of  NumberGuessExample.java, there are two statement that
>>> referring to ShoppingExample.*class.*
>>>
>>> It seems this is different example.  Could someone help me out?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Tak
>>>

>>> kbuilder.add( ResourceFactory.*newClassPathResource*(
>>> "NumberGuess.drl",
>>>
>>> ShoppingExample.
>>> *class* ),
>>>
>>> ResourceType.
>>> *DRL* );
>>>
>>> kbuilder.add( ResourceFactory.*newClassPathResource*(
> [...]

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar
- Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -